Image Alt

Frequently Asked Questions


Find your answers about Go—PopUp here
How does Go—PopUp work?

Go—PopUp is an online platform that connects any person or company searching for space to rent for pop-up or temporary actions. It also provides side services to support any company or person with the production or management of the action.

What makes us different from other websites?

There are other commercial space rental websites out there, but none of them allow you the following: 

1) To rent by the day;

2) To guarantee the entire payment process¿

3) A direct dialogue between the owner and tenant to establish any special conditions;

4) Online insurance.

What is a Premium Space?

Premium Spaces are spaces that are located within attractive spots in terms of traffic and that have an excellent presentation. Here, landlords answer within 24 hours and the spaces have above average reviews. These spaces are promoted by us and you can recognize them by the Premium sticker that is added to the first picture displayed.

What types of spaces can I find in the Go—PopUp marketplace?

You can find all types of spaces from restaurants to bars, pubs, hotels, cooking or dance schools, beauty shops, co-working spaces, abandoned factories, photography studios, prime locations, etc. All premises are in good condition. Any space that can be rented out by the day can be found on our platform.

What is a verified space?

Verified spaces are the ones that have been visited by our agents and from who we know the landlords personally. These spaces have been booked at least once and the client was satisfied.

Who establishes the rental price?

Prices are set by the property owners and they may be modified whenever the owner wishes and under seasonal criteria (holidays, important fairs, christmas, etc.). Go—PopUp commissions are percentages on the price established by the owner. Likewise, the owner may negotiate upon the time availability.

How does the rental work?

First, the property owner receives an application from the company, brand or user explaining what they wish to do with the chosen space. The property owner can always accept or reject the proposal. Go—PopUp never interferes with the transaction.

Eventually, if the application is accepted, payment is made through the Go—PopUp platform. The entire rental fee must be paid in advance.

What contracts do you draft?

Tenants accept certain terms and conditions with specific features of the space. Go—PopUp defines an agreement between the owner and tenant. The agreement is legally reflected by the Terms and Conditions accepted by the Property Owners and Tenants upon registering at the website and it is outlined in detail for each transaction with the attached data identifying the property owner, tenant, space, information, price, conditions of use and special conditions.

What does the insurance cover?

By making a reservation through Go—PopUp, the user gets additional guarantee through the Civil Liability Insurance provided by the Hiscox insurance company. 

Go—PopUp also offers the opportunity to contract different additional insurances separately and according to the needs of the client. For more information about our insurance, click here.

What does Go—PopUp receive for this service?

Go—PopUp only invoices a service fee for a confirmed transaction. The upload and request of spaces and the dialogue between owner and tenant is free. Go—PopUp, by bringing together the owner and brand or company and for offering insurance to both parties, receives a commission of 15% from the owners and 5% from the tenants, including Tenant Civil Liability insurance.   

How are your cancellation policies?

Go—PopUp offers our landlords to choose among three standardised cancellation policies (Strict, Moderate, and Flexible).


Strict: (30 days). If the USER cancels at least 30 days before the date and time of the reservation beginning, he will be reimbursed 50% of the total price less the amount of applicable service tariffs and taxes. If the USER cancels less than 30 days before the day and time of the reservation beginning, he will not be reimbursed the unused days or hours. If the USER decides to leave the space ahead of time, the unused days or hours will not be refunded.


Moderate: (7 days).  If the USER cancels at least 7 days before the date and time of the reservation beginning, he will be reimbursed 50% of the total price less the amount of applicable service tariffs and taxes.If the USER cancels less than 7 days before the day and time of the reservation beginning, he will not be reimbursed the unused days or hours. If the USER decides to leave the space ahead of time, the unused days or hours will not be refunded.


Flexible: (1 day). If the USER cancels at least 24 hours before the date and time of the reservation beginning, he will be reimbursed 100 % of the total price less the amount of applicable service tariffs and taxes. If the USER cancels less than 24 hours before the day and time of the reservation beginning, he will not be reimbursed the unused days or hours. If the USER decides to leave the space ahead of time, the unused days or hours will not be refunded.

Please check out the full policies in our Terms & Conditions or contact the Go—PopUp Team.


How does Go-PopUp for landlords work?

We offer you the opportunity to advertise your space for free on our marketplace so that brands, young designers, entrepreneurs and communication agencies have access to it in a quick and easy way to then make their own pop-ups, product presentations, showrooms, events, meetings, etc. 


Go—PopUp connects the owner with the brand or company. In addition, it offers insurance to both parties. For all that, we received a commission of 15% from the owners and 5% from the tenants. The Tenant Liability insurance included.

What should I do to publish my space?

Go to the website gopopup.com and sign up as a landlord. Create your spaces by completing the form and uploading pictures. The more features you describe for your space, the more data users will have to assess whether it’s right for the event they wish to organize.

Who is behind the demand for the spaces?

Any person or company looking for space to rent by the day. From communication and event organization agencies to young designers, entrepreneurs, large brands, SMEs and so on.

How does the calendar work? Are alerts possible?

The website offers different alerts for property owners:

  1. A notification when a potential tenant wishes to ask about a space.
  2. A notification when a potential tenant makes a booking request.
  3. A notification when a request expires due to a lack of response by the property owner.
  4. After accepting or rejecting a booking request.
  5. After cancelling a booking, whether done by the tenant or property owner.
  6. A notification when payment is confirmed.
Which guarantees do you offer that the place is left in the proper conditions?

Go—PopUp provides a civil liability insurance to the tenants, included in the management costs, that covers them for possible damages that may be caused to the spaces due to their activity.

Go—PopUp also offers optional RC insurance for owners. This insurance covers the owners of the damages that tenants may suffer within their spaces.

Additionally, according to our Terms and Conditions:

  • The tenants declare what they will use the space for and these conditions of use are recorded in the assignment agreement.
  • The owners can establish specific conditions to the tenants (for example, the space must be painted when leaving), which are also registered in the assignment agreement.
Which type of events can I hold in my space?

Any event can be done in any space, if the space has the necessary licenses. For example, if a space is not licensed to sell food, you should get the necessary permits to perform that particular action. Otherwise, tenants that wish to rent your space for food and drink events won’t be able to rent it legally. Also, size, location or spatial distribution are factors that can determine characteristics of the event but with imagination, creativity and desire, everything is possible.

How is the payment between user and landlord organized?

In an easy and simplified way, the process of invoicing a Go-PopUp related activity consists of three phases:

  1. First, Go-PopUp issues and sends an invoice to the User as “Management fee” expenses (5% of the amount of the assignment), itemising the VAT, plus the amount of the space assignment as booking object without itemising the VAT.
  2. Second, the Owner of the space issues an invoice to the User for the amount of the space assignment, itemising the VAT. This invoice is sent to Go-PopUp, so we have a record and we can send it to the User.
  3. Third, Go-PopUp issues a final invoice, in this case to the Owner, for the “Owner Management fee”, itemising the VAT (15% of the amount of the assignment).

Go-PopUp requests the payment of the User prior to the date of the event, to confirm the reservation. As soon as Go-PopUp receives the User’s payment as well as the invoice that the Owner issues to the User, Go-PopUp pays the Owner for the total amount of the reserve less the management costs, that is, 85% of the amount of the assignment.

What is an activity license for a space?

A license is an administrative authorization regarding the activities that can be carried out in a private space, granted by the city council. It needs to reflect the dimensions and characteristics of the space (according to the regulations on security, healthiness, sanitation, architectural and sectorial barriers) and the situation (according to urban regulations, to avoid the saturation in determined zones, or disturbances to the neighbors, for example).

Certain licenses are more rigorous than others, and some can include various complementary and compatible activities. The license is associated with the space and, therefore, the owner must process it.

What is an activity permit of extraordinary character?

An activity permit is an administrative authorization, limited in length, to carry out a special activity in a place that does not have the specific license, in a public space, or with characteristics that are not foreseen in the normal standard.


Typically, you must solicit a permit for events that have a determined capacity, installation of temporary architecture or mobiles, occupation of a public space, change in authorized hours, popular parties or crowded events, cultural acts, etc. The permit is associated with the event and, therefore, must be processed by the organizer.

Does Go—PopUp negotiate licenses or permits to have an activity?

Go—PopUp aims to facilitate the agreement between property owners and users to transfer spaces. The availability of the licenses and corresponding permits is a fundamental part of the viability of a project for a temporary store or event. Go—PopUp compromises by publishing the relevant information in the files of the spaces (subject to the information provided by the owners) and to provide the necessary tools so that the users can explain to the owners the objective of their activity.


In this sense, Go—PopUp undertakes no obligation to confirm the veracity of the data or to advise conclusively on the appropriateness of licenses or permits. For this reason, we redirect you to our collaborating specialists, whom you can contact through the form on this same page.

What guarantees does Go—PopUp give in respect to licenses and permits?

The responsibility regarding the solicitation of licenses and permits falls on the owners and users, depending to whom they correspond. Go—PopUp cannot guarantee that a transfer processed through the website will receive all the necessary legal and administrative requisites, but it will provide tools to resolve doubts through its collaborating specialists, to those who can be contacted through the form on this same page.

Does the insurance of Go—PopUp cover responsibilities regarding licenses and permits?

The insurance policies of Civil Responsibility cover fortuitous contingencies, due to accidents or unforeseen incidents. In no case does it cover incidents caused by the failure to meet regulations, like excess in capacity or other limiting circumstances defined in the licenses of the spaces or in the activity permits.

I have a vacant space without a license, what can I do?

Before publishing your space and transferring it through Go—PopUp, you should consult with the city council about what activities you can carry out in the space, and solicit licenses that correspond in function to the same commercial objectives you have. In case of doubts or required technical assistance, you can contact our collaborating specialists, through the form on this same page.

I have a space with a sales license and I want to have an event?

It depends on the license and the type of event. In general, there is certain flexibility to carry out temporary activities in spaces with sales licenses—those that fulfill the capacity limitations, security and sanitation regulations, and the hours in which it will occur in concurrence with the public.


There are those that have special precautions dealing with food. For example, enclosed products can usually be sold in any commercial location, but the manipulation of food can be carried out only in authorized locations; in exchange, an external catering service can be used to serve in any space if they are contracted through a company with permission to do it. We recommend consulting our specialists, if you have doubts.

Who must have the license for an event, the landlord or the organizer?

Ultimately, the organizer of an event is responsible for what happens. Therefore, once the proprietor informs the organizer of the licenses the space has available, the organizer should check if the license is sufficient to carry out the desired activity, or if additional special permits are needed, of whose processing and fulfillment will be subject to possible reclamations and sanctions.

What happens if a user holds an activity that was left unclear in the petition?

The organizer of an event is responsible for what happens, so how the user complies with the limitations of the license or permit is key. The owner should communicate in a transparent manner, and provide copies of the documentation to the user that includes all necessary information. In spite of this, and to avoid sanctions, we recommend the owner maintain fluid communication with the user, ensuring that activities carried out in the space do not deviate from the reasonable and foreseeable scope of the licenses. In case of doubts, we recommend that both parties consult with an expert on the matter.

I want to organize an activity in a space on Go—PopUp. What happens if I exceed the time or the capacity? If the authorities consider my activity outside of regulations, what am I responsible for? And the landlord?

The organizer of the event is ultimately responsible for what happens and should establish necessary means to avoid any incident, such as getting the corresponding administrative permits. 


In no case should the capacity exceed what has been established for the space (and that can depend on the configuration of the event), nor the hours permitted by the regulations of the city council, to avoid problems with the neighbours and actions of law enforcement in case of a complaint. The owner should provide you with all the necessary information about the licenses and the characteristics of the space so that you can evaluate whether additional permits are required, or if you need to adjust the requirements of your activity or event.

I am a user and I am not sure that the proprietor has the appropriate license, what do I do?

The owners of spaces published or contracted through Go—PopUp should provide the necessary information about the licenses of their space to the user. If this is not the case, we recommend the user get in contact with PopPlaces.com customer service. Once the user gives such information, they should ensure that it is appropriate for their activity. In case of doubts or required technical assistance, you can contact our collaborating specialists, through the form on this same page.

I am a owner and a user is proposing an activity that I am not sure I have license for, what do I do?

The user is responsible for obtaining the necessary permits to compliment your license for their activity, if that is the case. You should provide accurate and complete information about your license (and, if possible, copies of the corresponding documentation) to the user so that they can evaluate the project. To avoid incidents, we recommend that you have a fluid conversation with the user to ensure they will complete the necessary processes. In general, the users already try to find appropriate locations for their activity, but in case of doubts or required technical assistance, you can contact our collaborating specialists, through the form on this same page.

You don't have permission to register
Cookie Consent with Real Cookie Banner